If it wasn't for the mailman coming by, my neighbor Marcus and I probably wouldn't have even known about it in the first place. Awesome.
This was caused by non other than our Sasquatch-hunting neighbor Ms. Daly.
Here's a link:
"I am immortal/I hunt the bigfoot furry things" (to the Highlander theme lol)
Yep, I works magic. :p
We came out to what looked like a smoldering pile of ash. I noticed a lil pee-wee fire so I ran inside, grabbed a cup, and doused the flame with water. It was still crackling as the Turners Falls FD arrived. They then proceeded to cut away the burnt, and still burning, boards and douse everything with even more water. By then all but a few cigarette butts were complete ash but there was enough left to conclude that she probably meant to put the butt out in the empty beer bottle and missed. Maybe she was drunk or sleepy or both. I remembered an old plastic planter bucket filled about halfway with old butts but that container was no where to be found. Maybe it melted away? Maybe she wanted to plant a pretty Jamaican flower or something? Whatever it was, the bucket's still-burning contents were left all over that corner of the porch. Good job.
Now for some pichers of today's events. Enjoy.
Dude inspecting her burnt cigarette butts.
Here's some motion for ya!
So it'll be nice to know that she owes our landlord money for almost burning down the house. I like to think it's just karma coming back at her for making all of us put up with this crap:
'til next time...