Saturday, January 31, 2009

Art Historical Reference

Ok, so it's been a while but would you believe me if I said I was crazy busy? Ever since this Phase III thing hit, I've been doing something photography related every day...which is nice, but honestly, everyone needs a break every now and then.

So that's why I'm posting again! 'Cause I found a couple minutes to post. I have a bunch of P3 stuff to post, but I gotta edit all of them first.

So enough of that. Here's my Art Hist. Ref Piece. I chose a painting by this guy named Lichtenstein. He primarily does a lot of flat-looking, 2-D styled, old school comic book influenced art. Check it:


Cool, eh? Now here's my rendition of it:


Basically, I tried to photograph it as flat as possible to retain the 2D style, but I didn't want to completely emulate the art piece because if I did, then why not just completely draw it in Illustrator, right?

I did the strokes around the jacket and cheese to tie the piece into the original w/o being too obvious. I added some stroke lines on the curtain but it looked horrible. Then I tested the jacket and it looked lame, too.

I don't know what grade I'm going to get on this. But what I do know is that I'd like to redo this again but in a more fashionable shoot. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment